Small-group Yoga for Kids
Our kids yoga classes are divided into four different age groups to ensure programs are customized to each child’s level of mental and physical development. Our classes are small (6 max) so we can get to know each of our kids and their needs/abilities and as a result, no two classes are taught exactly the same. The Yogi Cubs curriculum covers topics such as growth mindset development, emotional awareness, self-awareness/acceptance, and coping strategies for life’s everyday challenges.
- Fennec cub classes are 45 minutes long and include 30 minutes of yoga and 15 minutes of art or sensory play.
- Kit and Arctic Cub classes include 30 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes of mindful arts & crafts.
- Red Cub classes include 30-45 minutes of yoga and 15-30 minutes of art journaling.
Private Family Yoga & Art
Join us for a private family yoga & art class to move and create as a family. These classes are child-centered including a yoga story for the families with younger children or themed yoga flows for families with older children. After yoga we move to the create room for a mindful arts & crafts project. The private classes enable us to offer a tailored class so if you have special needs, let us know when you schedule.
Parents’ Night Out
Keep an eye on our Fridays for special 2.5 hour sessions when we’ll have our own pizza party, play some yoga/mindfulness games, and get creative. This activity is great for children 4 years of age and up. We currently have two options available, each available one Friday a month:
- Fort-Night – We will all work together to build a blanket fort, cars, helicopters, whatever we can imagine after we get to know each other over dinner. We start the session with a team-building activity to get us used to working together. Then we spend a little time planning out our fort and how we’ll work together to build it. This is a great STEM activity that promotes visualization and teamwork.
- Crafty Cubs – Our students love arts & crafts so we’re offering craft nights that include 3-4 guided arts and crafts projects. Some examples of past projects include: a guided meditation where we visualize our happy place, then we paint it on canvas boards, marbled worry stones made with oven-baked clay, calm-down glitter jars, shrink plastic necklace charms, and so much more.
Storybook Tea Party
Join us for a parent/child tea party and story time! This 30 minute session is a great way to introduce your little ones (2-5 yrs) to some mindful movement. We’ll start with story time including mindful movement throughout so children (and their grown-ups) can engage. Then, we’ll learn how to mindfully sip our tea. Finally, watch your little ones enjoy some free play as they host their tea party!
Treat your little one and friends to a yoga adventure and arts & crafts session for their birthday! We can come to you with all of the props and supplies necessary to host the yoga and crafting session. You will need to provide your own decorations (if necessary), tableware, and food. We will take care of the rest. We will even match our yoga adventure to your preferred party theme. We can accommodate up to 8 children in studio or we can come out to your party location for larger groups. Please contact us to discuss options and pricing at email@example.com.
Public Health Precautions
No back-to-back classes! We’ve worked extended breaks between classes to allow time for cleaning of the yoga room, craft room, and other frequently touched surfaces. Parents are expected to screen for any signs of illness before class and are asked to wear masks upon entering the studio. Masks are not required for children.